If you have a question which has not been answered here, or you have other inquiries about website design, web hosting, website maintenance, please feel free to contact us.
“I want to establish a strong presence on the web for myself and/or my own business. Where do I start?”
If you want to bring your business or your online identity to a higher level and have more people know about you, please request a quote from us, specifying all the details about your vision. You can also complete a questionnaire, which will help you with describing your goals and let us understand all the details about the site you are planning to have.
“How much will a website cost me?”
The price of a website depends on its’ volume, complexity and the desired functionality. A small static website’s price can start from $475.00. When you submit all the details about the web site you need, we will be able to properly evaluate your goals and provide you with an affordable price.
“Should I also get the .net and .org versions of my URL?”
It really depends on your preference. Do you think there will be much competition? If yes buy them. Remember if you’re going to build a brand around your website and plan on investing in it for years, you’ll probably want to pick up the .com, .net, and .org versions of your domain. It helps you protect your website’s brand identity. If you’ve got a keyword rich domain, people are probably only going to type in the .com URL directly. A few people will probably check out the .com, .net, and .org URLs out of curiosity.
“How long will it take to have my website designed?”
The time needed to design your web site can range from 2-3 weeks to 2-3 or more months, depending on the number of the pages, the amount of custom programming needed and the number of the revisions required. If you have a certain deadline for your website, we will always try to meet it with you. The time needed for the design also depends on how fast you will provide the content needed for your site.
“Will I get an email with my website?”
Yes, you can get more than one email address to communicate with your visitors.
“How does the design process go?”
- Consultation – We make the time to understand your ideas, goals and overall business objective. You will receive an email to complete GeauxUp.com website design questionnaire. Upon receiving your completed questionnaire we will schedule a phone conference to follow-up and evaluate your site and needs with you.
- Your Own Web Design – If you have your own website layout in a PSD format or PDF format with instructions we can review your your site. Following the consultation we can cut up and create a fully design website.
- Using A Word Press Template – You can suggest a Word Press template. Based on the consultation we will research and send you three (3) Word Press templates to choose from for a non-refundable flat rate of $50.00. Once you decide which template to use, we will apply the $50.00 to the purchase of the selected Word Press Template.
- Custom Web Design – If you need graphic design we can create a mock design and layout of the HOME page of your website for a non-refundable flat rate of $100.00. We will create 3 revisions for free. After the 3rd revision you will be charged $25.00 per hour for all the additional revision on your HOME page. Once you decide to continue with the process of creating the remaining pages of your website, GeauxUp.com will send you an estimate of the final price for your website.
- Web Hosting – One of the most critical aspects of a website design is making sure you have a reliable web hosting server. As a full service Web Design Company, GeauxUp.com is also an affordable and reliable web hosting solution. We at GeauxUp.com offer a full range of cost effective hosting services, Ecommerce hosting and a variety of shopping cart hosting plans that fit any business or budget need. We utilize quality, multiple high-speed connections that promise hosting reliability and security. Click here to LEARN MORE.
“What is the payment process?” Once you are ready to place your order, we will send you your contract and invoice via email with the total price. (Any additional changes at this point will be charged accordingly)
- We will need to receive the signed contract
- You will pay 50% of the total price
- Design process begins.
- We will inform you that the site is complete and send you a final invoice
- Once we receive final invoice payment, we will release the site to Go Live online and offer you 10 days of client support with basic changes. (i.e. text and hyperlinks)
“What if I want revisions?”
During the initial free consultation we provide the opportunity for clients to explore web design options. If you don’t have your own web design in a PSD or PDF format, we will work with you to create a custom mock layout of your web design. We always pay close attention to all the details you provide prior to the beginning of the site’s design. In case you want revision to the first design we create, we will offer 3 revisions free of charge. If you need more revisions, each revision will be based on our hourly rate of $25.00 per hour. Based on our experience of creating sites for different clients, 99% of them are happy with the design and only required 2 revisions of the preliminary web design.
“How can I update my website content?”
For easy content management Word Press Templates allows you to update your site without any html knowledge. If you are not familiar with content management systems such as Word Press, we will provide a basic tutorial on how to update your content.
If you have a Custom Website designed by GeauxUp.com and need to update small details on your website, we offer basic website maintenance and updates. (an additional fee of $25.00 per hour will apply)
“Do you provide any training on updating my website?”
Yes, we offer one hour of free training consultation on how to edit your Word Press template.
We do not offer training on custom websites.
“Who will be the owner of the website once your work is done?”
After GeauxUp.com receive the final payment of the total cost of your website, the entire website including all files and graphic designs are yours.
“Do you redesign existing websites?”
We will offer a free consultation on your current site and evaluate the estimated cost. (click here to request a redesign quote)
“Can I accept payments through my website?”
We can install various applications for your site, which will make this possible. If you are planning to have an online shop, the payments’ module will be supplied together with the shopping cart software. If your site is not a shop, but you would like to sell a couple of items, we can also integrate the necessary scripts for accepting payments.
“Do I have to keep my website maintained or hosted by GeauxUp.com forever or can I move to another supplier?”
We would prefer you to host your website with GeauxUp.com but the files are yours and you are free to choose any supplier you wish.
“In what formats should I provide images and text for my website?”
For text contents please send us MS Word Files, Text Editor Files and/or Note Pad Files.
For images please provide high resolution (150dpi to 300dpi) EPS, JPEG, GIF, and/or PNG.
“Do I have to provide images for my website or will you do that for me?”
We have a library of images that we can provide as well as offer you custom graphic designs for an additional cost.
If you have images please send high resolution (150dpi to 300dpi) files in EPS, JPEG, GIF and/or PNG.